Paralegal job description sample
This paralegal job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for your position. The format and structure of this template can be used to create a consistent and professional looking job ad. Make it your own with your specific job duties and job requirements. Feel free to review our paralegal job descriptions to gain insight into how to write your job description.
[Intro Paragraph] You will get a better response to your paralegal job posting if you provide a short introduction to your firm. Tell your job candidate what a great company you are and why they would want to work for you. This is your chance to talk about your value proposition your company offers new employees, to set your position apart from competing companies.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation, filing and service of pleadings
- Acting as liaison among all parties including court or other neutrals for scheduling and sharing information.
- Organizing and managing documents, including the creation of spreadsheets and retrieval systems
- Coordinating the collection, review and production of documents and responding to discovery requests
- Assisting with trial preparation including the assembly of exhibits, witness binders and appendices for depositions and court filings
- Summarizing deposition and trial transcripts and exhibits
- Researching case-related factual issues using in-house files and outside reference sources
- Compiling information and, preparing statistics, charts, graphs and other summaries to detail the findings
[Work Hours & Benefits] To keep your potential candidate interested so that they will read the rest of your job ad, you should add a paragraph in this location that discusses working hours and benefits. Tell your potential applicants about things like work from home opportunities, flexible hours, and travel requirements. Also, describe benefits that set you apart, like childcare reimbursements, commuter benefits, and tuition credits.
Paralegal Qualifications and Skills:
- Participating in educational opportunities to keep up-to-date on job knowledge
- Reading professional publications
- Maintaining personal networks
- Participating in professional organizations
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail.
- Legal research and investigation skills
- Ability to follow direction and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred, or a combination of education and/or experience
- 2-3 years of significant and substantive litigation experience as a paralegal/legal assistant in a law firm setting.
- Experience drafting, cite-checking, and correcting legal briefs (trial and appellate).
- Experience managing medium to large-scale document productions.
- Proficiency with Document Review Software
- Working knowledge and competency with case management software
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software
[Call To Action] Now that you have retained your prospective job candidate’s all the way through your job ad, you will want to include a call to action. This will let them know what they need to do to apply for your position. Your call to action might have them applying by “clicking on the apply button at the top of the job listing” or by emailing a resume. If you do this small step, you will get better responses from candidates.
Ready to post your paralegal job description?
Let Monster job ads help you find the right candidate fast. There is a range of monthly plans to fit your needs, which will let you scale up or down or even cancel at any time. In addition to the job listings, Monster has a number of other services that are included in the monthly plans, including MonsterSearch to allow a search of resumes on file and, Monster Studios to help you create video job descriptions. Get started now!