Painter job description sample
This painter job description sample provides the perfect template for a posting that will attract the most reliable candidates. Feel free to keep the structure and organization of this outline, and then edit and revise it to meet the specific job requirements and duties of your open position. You can also browse Monster’s painter job listings to find even more ideas for crafting your description.
[Intro Paragraph] The job listings that get the most attention use two to three introductory sentences to tell prospective employees about their business. Highlight your unique company culture and working environment. Use this as an opportunity to sell yourself to job seekers and set your company apart from competing job listings.
Painter Job Responsibilities:
- Applies various finishes to buildings, rooms, or other structures, including primers or sealers.
- Prepares, cleans, and tapes all jobsites.
- Removes old paint coating, if necessary.
- Mixes colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include details on work hours and benefits. Advise potential house painters about seasonal work or overtime availability. You can also highlight any benefits that set your company apart, like promotion opportunities, paid sick time, or health insurance coverage.
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma is an asset
- Previous painting experience preferred
- Proficiency with painting tools and equipment a plus
- Ability to safely operate various vehicles and equipment
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are acquainted with your company and your job requirements, it’s time for a compelling call to action so prospective painters know how to apply. Let them know where to submit an application or resume, or whom to contact at your company. Or, you can instruct them to click the apply button at the top of the posting.
Painted the perfect picture of your position?
Catching potential applicants’ eyes is one thing; finding the right painters yourself is another. Monster job ads offer flexible monthly plans, allowing you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel your job search at any time. You’ll even have access to our massive resume database, SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Get started right now!