[Intro paragraph] Provide 2-3 introductory sentences at the beginning of your carpenter job description to tell prospective carpenters about your business and the role. Highlight your unique company culture and working environment and use this opportunity to sell yourself to job seekers and set your company apart from competing job listings.
Carpenter Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include details on working hours and benefits. The best carpenter job descriptions advise candidates about seasonal work or overtime availability. You can also highlight any benefits that set your company apart, like promotion opportunities, paid sick time, or health insurance coverage.
Carpenter Qualifications / Skills:
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma is an asset
- 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are acquainted with your company and your job requirements, it’s time for a compelling call to action so prospective carpenters know how to apply. In this section of your carpenter job description, let them know where to submit an application or resume, or who to contact at your company. Or, you can instruct them to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Build Your Staff, One Top Candidate at a Time
Catching potential applicants’ eyes is one thing; finding the right carpenters yourself is another. If you want to get your carpenter job description in front of as many qualified professionals as possible, take advantage of Monster’s offer and post your job for free.