Construction Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Construction Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Managing Profitability, Delegation, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Civil Project Management, Estimating, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus