Network engineer job description sample
If you need to find the perfect network engineer, then Monster’s network engineer job description template will help you get started. Build your own description by following the template’s design and adding your own words that apply to the job at hand. Browse our computer job listings for more helpful tips.
[Intro Paragraph] The best way to get your network engineer job description off to a good start is by explaining to candidates why they would want to work for your company. Describe an appealing company culture that is different from other employers. Give job seekers a good sense of the employee brand and how the strength of the brand is what makes it an ideal workplace.
Network Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains network performance.
- Builds net configurations and connections.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- IP address auditing.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration and directing system installation.
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades.
- Configures router.
- Updates data servers and network equipment.
- Collaborates with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This location for the discussion of work hours and benefits will help encourage job seekers to continue to read your posting. When they get to this point in the job description, they will want to know everything about what their workday will consist of and what benefits they will get by working there. Be sure to give candidates incentives (mention benefits such as tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, and parental leave) and include any special perks (like snacks in the cupboards or a dog-friendly office) that they could receive by becoming a new employee with your company.
Network Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Network knowledge
- Network design and implementation
- Network troubleshooting
- Tracking budget expenses
- Project management
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Time-management skills
- Strong documentation skills
- LAN knowledge
- Network hardware configuration
- Network performance tuning
- People management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field
- Five to 10 years of experience in network administration
- A graduate and voluntary certification may also be preferable
[Call to Action] At the close your network engineer job description, be sure to add a call to action to increase your chances of getting responses. Tell job seekers exactly how you want them to apply. For instance, by clicking on the apply button at the top of the job listing, or by filling out an application on the company’s website.
Make finding candidates easier with help from top hiring experts
Getting a handle on your job descriptions is just one way to find your ideal candidates. Expand your searches for the best hires with help from Monster. Monster’s plans will give you access to a massive resume database and can offer you much more recruiting opportunities. Get in touch today for more information.