Information Systems Manager
[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph of your information systems manager job description should include information about your company that would appeal to the candidates you’re trying to reach. Talk about how many years you’ve been in business, impressive projects your company has worked on, and your work culture. This introduction is your chance to hook in candidates so they’ll continue reading and want to apply for the position, so you may consider looping in your marketing team for support.
Information Systems Manager Job Responsibilities: The next paragraph should go deeper into the job responsibilities of an information systems manager. Some examples include:
- Manages hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Maintains information systems by planning, monitoring, and coordinating employees.
- Develops private intranet and public internet sites.
- Creates reports, programs, BAMs, and BPMs as well as add-on applications to perform small features on ERP-system.
- Offers coaching, leadership, and training to manage staff performance.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing their application and results.
- Participates in planning and designing technologies to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by ensuring that information systems staff complies with organizational policies.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The next paragraph of your information systems manager job description should go deeper into the expected work hours. Disclose any information on the work schedule and possible shift changes that the candidate can expect. Also include the benefits package within this paragraph so candidates can decide if they align with their expectations. Address perks like educational opportunities, employee recognition programs, or health insurance.
Information Systems Manager Qualifications and Skills
- Strong organizational and office technology skills
- Advanced background with ERP systems
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Comfortable managing and leading a team
- Proficient in IT systems terminology
- Advanced experience in data encryption
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- [Number] years of experience in server development
- CCA or Cisco certifications
[Call to Action] A successful information systems manager job description should end with a strong call to action. Make it easy and convenient for interested candidates to submit their resume by providing the email address of the hiring manager or a direct link to the application page. Make sure to tell readers what to expect in terms of timeline and amount of interview rounds. This way the candidate won’t be left in the dark about the process.
Ready to Start Managing Job Applicants?
Now that you’ve written your complete and personalized information systems manager job description, you’re ready to take the next step by finding skilled candidates fast. Monster’s here to make this process easier for you. Find out how you can get started with a free job listing today.