Material Handler Job Description Sample Template
This material handler job description sample can help you create a job ad that will attract the most reliable candidates who are qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements, and browse Monster’s material handler job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description. Right now we have a varied selection of material handler job descriptions available in the Houston, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, and Cleveland markets.
Material Handler Job Responsibilities:
A material handler maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product.
Material Handler Job Duties:
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity; placing materials in stock.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Documents product shipment by recording units shipped.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Inventory Control, Lifting, Data Entry Skills
Material Handler Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Scheduling, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Process Improvement, Safety Management, Inventory Control, Lifting, Data Entry Skills
Learn more about the hiring process: