Logistics coordinator job description sample
Use this logistics coordinator job description sample as the ideal template for creating a posting that will attract the most qualified candidates for your open position. Edit and revise this structure to include your specific job requirements and duties, and then browse Monster’s logistics job listings for even more ideas for crafting the best possible posting.
[Intro Paragraph] For the best results, begin your job description with an introduction to your company, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment for prospective logistics applicants. Consider this your first opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and really sell yourself to job seekers.
Logistics Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with actions and words every day.
- Manages logistics team to safely and efficiently meet the required daily activities.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, quality personnel, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products about information related to the shipment.
- Compiles carrier and route assignments.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of shipments.
- Successfully conducts and completes all assigned trainings.
- Participates in continuous improvement training and trains others.
- Oversees hazardous waste storage areas, hazardous waste documentation, equipment, and procedures.
- Understands and follows proper spills and emergency cleanup procedures.
- Prepares hazardous waste shipments, including proper labeling of all hazardous waste.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now would be a great time to focus on your company’s working hours and benefits. Tell future coordinators about seasonal work requirements or any possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits that set your business apart, like paid vacation time, tuition reimbursements, or 401(k).
Logistics Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to manage a large, diverse team
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or higher
- 3+ years of management experience in logistics operations
- 3+ years of shipping, receiving, warehouse operations, inventory management, and import/export operations experience
- Experience filing International Maritime Organization (IMO), Automated Export System (AES), and Importer Security Filing (ISF) documents
- Proven record processing shipments in accordance with DOT regulations and hazardous material labeling requirements
- Experience processing shipments using UPS and FedEx software
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Knowledge of 49 CFR, 15 CFR, Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations preferred
- Prior global shipping management/customs clearance experience is highly desirable
[Call to Action] Now that applicants are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a solid call to action that will compel prospective logistics staff to apply. Provide details on exactly how to apply, whether by contacting someone at your company to submit an application and resume, or to simply click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Everything in its right place?
Now let Monster job ads deliver the best logistics coordinators to you. We offer flexible monthly plans that allow your company to upgrade, scale down, or cancel your campaign at any time. Get started here and you’ll even have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, putting our massive search and engagement platform at your fingertips.