IT Director Job Description Sample
A great IT director can make a huge difference in how your business runs. Use the IT director job description sample below to craft a job posting that will attract the most qualified candidates for the role. Feel free to revise the specific job duties and requirements to meet your exact needs. To get more ideas for what to include in your description, browse Monster’s IT director job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The introductory paragraph of your job description is a good opportunity to describe your company to the applicant. These two to three sentences serve as a marketing summary, explaining what sets your company apart and what you have to offer the ideal IT director candidate.
IT Director Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees IT operations.
- Leads team of IT staff.
- Designs and implements IT strategies and infrastructure.
- Identifies and eliminates security risks.
- Analyzes business requirements for IT needs and systems.
- Works to increase user satisfaction.
- Evaluates IT operations with regard to established goals.
- Communicates within IT team and across departments as needed.
- Assesses need for new equipment and software.
- Prepares progress and budget reports for upper management.
- Hires new members of IT staff.
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside vendors.
- Manages company help desk.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Next, it’s good to include an explanation of your company’s working hours and benefits. Tell prospective IT directors about things like flexible work schedules and paid leave. Don’t forget to include benefits that set you apart, like professional growth and development initiatives, commuter benefits and remote work opportunities.
IT Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- Solid working knowledge of all relevant coding languages and security protocols
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field (graduate degree a plus)
- Minimum eight years’ experience working in IT operations
- Minimum three years’ experience overseeing IT teams and projects
- Certifications and continuing education preferred
[Call to Action] The goal of your job posting is turn job seekers into applicants. Therefore, your job description should include a call to action which describes exactly how to apply for the position. For example, you could direct prospective candidates to click the “apply” button at the top of the job posting, or have them email their resume and application to your HR department.
Ready to Post Your next IT Director Job Description?
Once you’ve assembled a well-written job description, you’re ready to take the next step in finding the best IT directors out there. With Monster job ads, you can peruse a wide range of monthly plans and then scale up or down according to your needs. Get started today!