Investment banker job description sample
This investment banker job description sample can help you create a job posting that will attract the most qualified investment banker candidates. For the best results, use this structure and then customize it with your specific job duties and requirements. You can also take a look at our existing investment banker job listings to get additional ideas for filling out your job description.
[Intro Paragraph] Use the introductory paragraph of your job description as an opportunity to describe your company and working environment to the applicant. Treat these two or three sentences as a recruiting pitch, explaining to your ideal investment banker candidate the factors that set your company apart from the competition.
Investment Banker Job Responsibilities:
- Issues debt and sells equity to raise capital for clients.
- Conducts research on investment opportunities to define risk and return profiles.
- Assesses valuations for clients and upper management using various methods.
- Provides expertise to help broker mergers and acquisitions.
- Recruits investors for client IPOs.
- Assembles financial models to value debt and equity and assist in investment and financial planning decisions.
- Creates and gives presentations for existing and prospective client portfolios.
- Assists in preparing quarterly reports and letters to clients.
- Manages all stages of client interaction, from the sales pitch to the investment contract.
- Conducts industry research and develops relationships to help acquire new clients.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Next, you’ll want to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Tell your prospective investment bankers about flexible hours or workweek structures, as well as any potential travel requirements. Be sure to highlight the perks that set you apart, like health and wellness benefits, professional growth and development initiatives and remote work opportunities.
Investment Banker Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in research and analysis
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to manage time and projects
- Knowledge of relevant regulations related to securities and M&As
- Tireless work ethic
- Team oriented
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or similar field (graduate degree a plus)
- Experience working in investments or underwriting
- Valid securities license, such as Series 7, 63 and 79
- CFA a plus
[Call to Action] An effective job description includes a call to action that encourages candidates to apply for the position and explains how to do so. For example, you could tell prospective candidates to apply online through a link in the job posting, or by emailing their resume and cover letter to your HR department.
Ready to post your investment banker job description?
Now that you’ve assembled a thorough job description, look to Monster job ads to take your search for the best investment bankers to the next level. Select from a range of monthly plans which can be customized for any size company or job search. You’ll even get access to Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions at no extra cost. Get started today!