[Intro Paragraph] When people are searching for new opportunities, they want to be excited about the position. Therefore, you should start your finance manager job description off by saying something intriguing about the company. Think of the opening as a way to create a positive first impression. It’s also important to discuss the working environment and to emphasize the culture to attract applicants who identify with the company’s mission.
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures business processes, administration, and financial management.
- Maintains accounting system.
- Leads planning and forecasting activities with business partners to achieve business and company goals.
- Reviews financial reports.
- Prepares financial forecasts.
- Monitors financial details to ensure legal compliance.
- Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets.
- Assists management to make financial decisions.
- Supervises employees.
- Investigates means to improve profitability.
- Reviews and processes payments of the company.
- Maintains an accurate filing and record keeping system for all financial statements and company documents.
- Participates in the execution of changes to procedures, policies, and systems to facilitate expansion, compliance, and scaling of the business.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a good place in the job description to discuss working hours and benefits. These details will pique the interest of the candidates and may make them want to read more. In this section, discuss working conditions or requirements, including specifics such as team size or travel. Take the opportunity to mention any special benefits available that would attract applicants, such as ample PTO, paid parental leave, comfortable office spaces, or catered lunches.
Finance Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Adept at analyzing information
- Decision making skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Financial modeling skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA or BS in economics, finance, accounting, economics, or related field
- 3-5 years managerial experience
[Call To Action] You will get more responses to your job posting if you put a call to action here at the end of your finance manager job description. Tell the candidate how to apply for your position, for instance by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing, by emailing a resume to a specific individual, or by filling out an application on the company’s website.
Get Expert Help with Your Job Description and All Your Hiring Needs
The job description is just the first step of the recruiting process. Make yours so intriguing so that a real conversation can begin. You also may need help going through resumes and picking the right candidates, which is no easy task. Let Monster get you started. Choose from a variety of flexible plans for all your hiring needs.