Human resources generalist job description sample
This human resources generalist job description sample can be used as a template to help you find the most qualified candidates. Follow the instructions provided to customize your job posting to reflect the specific requirements and responsibilities of the position for which you are hiring. Find more ideas for your description by taking a look at our human resources job listings.
Human Resources Generalist
[Intro Paragraph] Start your human resources generalist job description with a short introductory paragraph. In two to three sentences, give candidates some information about your company and the work environment for the position being advertised. This is your first chance to make a strong impression with applicants, so do your best to communicate the value that your organization provides to employees. Get creative and give job seekers a reason to be excited about applying for this role.
Human Resources Generalist Job Responsibilities:
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation.
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Collaborate with the human resources team to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Identify future staffing needs.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the recommended location to discuss the work hours and benefits for the position being advertised. This is a chance to provide some specifics. Let candidates know what kind of work environment they can expect to find, and share any noteworthy benefits or perks that your organization provides to employees, such as paid time off, wellness programs, or retirement plans. Also be sure to mention any special work-hour requirements such as frequent travel, seasonal overtime, or on-call duties.
Human Resources Generalist Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Awareness of OSHA regulations and compliance
- Understanding of personnel and compliance records management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- 3-5 years human resources experience
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
[Call to Action] Last, we suggest that you add a call to action instructing interested candidates exactly how to apply for the position. Adding this specific information will increase the response rate for your job posting and also make it easier to organize the responses you receive in one location. This call to action should, for example, let applicants know they can submit their application by clicking the apply button at the top of the page, or by clicking a link that brings them to an application page on the company website.
Find the right candidate fast
If you need to find a fast, flexible, and effective hiring solution, Monster has a range of monthly plans to fit your hiring needs, with no long-term commitment required. Your job will be shared through recommended job emails and job alerts, and Monster’s built-for-mobile job ads make it easy for candidates to apply on the go. Get started today!