Graphic Designer Job Description Sample
This graphic designer job description sample is designed for you to plug in the specific requirements for the position so you can get your advertisement up and running in no time. Use the structure and format to help you create the ad that will attract the right candidates for your opening. If you need ideas about what to include, browse our graphic designer job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] We recommend that you use the first paragraph to write a short two- to three-sentence introduction to your company. This is a marketing piece that will describe your company to prospective employees and let them know the intangible benefits of working for you. Tell the job seeker what you have to offer a new employee, setting your company apart from the competition.
Graphic Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that your job description performs better if you put a paragraph in this location about the working hours and benefits. Remember to include information about things like work-from-home opportunities and flexible hours. Also include any office perks, company discounts, and commuter benefits. Job seekers have choices; give them a reason to apply to your company.
Graphic Designer Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles rejection
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years of experience in graphic design
[Call to Action] If you want your job advertisement to be truly effective, you will give your potential candidates a way to apply to your job. This is called a call to action and it simply tells your candidates to apply by pressing the “apply” button at the top of the ad or by sending a resume to a specific email address. If you have additional job application requirements, such as a cover letter or portfolio items, be sure to tell candidates.
Ready to Post Your Graphic Designer Job Description?
Finding the right people for your job can be difficult. The creation of the description is just the first step. To be effective, you must get your advertisement out to your intended audience. Let Monster help you. Monster is a leader in connecting people to new career opportunities. We have a variety of monthly plans that help companies pick what best suits their needs. These plans provide you the flexibility to swap out job ads, scale up, downgrade, or even cancel as your needs change. Get started today!