General Manager Job Description Sample
This general manager sample job description can be used to create an application that will attract the best qualified candidates and convert them into applicants. For the best results, build on the structure and organization of this template to meet the specific duties and requirements of the exact job for which you’re hiring. You can find even more ideas about crafting the best job description by perusing our general manager job listings.
[Intro paragraph] You can begin your job listing with 2 or 3 sentences that introduce the job seeker to your company and your unique working environment. The idea is to communicate what your business brings to the table and the opportunities you can provide new employees, truly setting you apart from competing job listings.
General Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Obtains profit contribution by managing staff and establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; cultivating a climate for offering information and opinions and providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting analysis, and recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; and making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; and coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great spot to include working hours and benefits. You can tell applicants about flexible work schedules, remote work or any required travel. You can also sell applicants on the benefits — like profit sharing, commuter credits or outstanding health benefits — that set your business apart.
General Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Performance management
- Management Proficiency
- Developing standards, coaching, and team coordination
- Financial planning
- Process improvement
- Decision making
- Strategic planning
- Quality management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- University/college degree in management a plus
- At least 2 years of successful management experience
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to convert an interested party into a job applicant. The best general manager job descriptions do this by including a call to action, where you advise prospective applicants exactly how to apply. For instance, they might email their resume to someone at your company or “click the apply button” at the top of the job listing.
Ready to Post Your Job Description?
Great! Ready to find the best of the best candidates fast? You need Monster job ads. A wide range of monthly plans can fit your company’s needs, letting you swap out jobs, upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. Take advantage of free tools like our video job description app, Monster Studios.