Executive assistant job description sample
Use the structure and organization of this executive assistant job description sample to assist you in creating a job application that will attract qualified job candidates. Just plug in your specific job requirements to fit the exact position for which you are hiring. You can get ideas by browsing our executive assistant job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] This first paragraph should contain a brief, two- to three-sentence description of your company. You want to tell the job seeker why your company environment is a great place to work. Tailor your marketing pitch to your ideal candidate. Your description should let them imagine what it would be like to work for you and set your position apart from the competition.
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence and speaking for the executive.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It helps keep your job seeker’s interest in your position if you include information about working hours and benefits in this location. This is the place to tell potential applicants about flexible hours, opportunities to work from home, and travel requirements. Also, describe benefits that set you apart, like office perks, childcare assistance, and commuter benefits.
Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Supply management
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Organization skills
- Time management skills
- Presentation skills
- Office equipment maintenance
- Travel logistics
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Three to five years of administrative experience
- Three to five years of executive assistant experience
- Experience managing multiple calendars
- Experience booking travel
[Call to Action] The crucial step in getting you better responses to your executive assistant job advertisement is to provide a call to action. You have to tell your potential candidate how to apply for your job. Let them know they can apply by clicking the apply button at the top, sending a resume to an email address, or any other application procedure that you prefer.
Ready to post your great executive assistant job description?
It can be difficult to find your next executive assistant. Monster can help. Sign up for one of our flexible monthly plans that allow you to post your job description so that you reach the audience you are looking for. Monster’s plans let you scale up, scale down, or cancel at any time to suit your needs. Get started today!