Estimator Job Description Sample
This estimator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Estimator Job Responsibilities:
Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements.
Estimator Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Data Center Experience, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis
Learn more about the hiring process: