Carpenter Job Description Sample
This carpenter job description sample provides the perfect template for a posting that will attract the most reliable candidates. Feel free to keep the structure and organization of this outline, and then edit and revise it to meet the specific job requirements and duties of your open position. You can also browse Monster’s carpenter job listings to find even more ideas for crafting your description.
[Intro paragraph] The job listings that get the most attention use 2-3 introductory sentences to tell prospective carpenters about their business. Highlight your unique company culture and working environment and use this opportunity to sell yourself to job seekers and set your company apart from competing job listings.
Carpenter Job Responsibilities:
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include details on working hours and benefits. The best carpenter job descriptions advise candidates about seasonal work or overtime availability. You can also highlight any benefits that set your company apart, like promotion opportunities, paid sick time, or health insurance coverage.
Carpenter Qualifications / Skills:
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma is an asset
- 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are acquainted with your company and your job requirements, it’s time for a compelling call to action so prospective carpenters know how to apply. Let them know where to submit an application or resume, or who to contact at your company. Or, you can instruct them to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Built the Perfect Carpenter Job Description?
Catching potential applicants’ eyes is one thing; finding the right carpenters yourself is another. Monster job ads offers flexible monthly plans allowing you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel your job search at any time. You’ll even have access to our massive candidate engagement platform, SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Get started today!