Brand Ambassador Job Description Sample
Whether you’re hiring a brand ambassador to promote your company online, in-person, or both, the right person can build brand awareness and send sales skyrocketing. They can make a sale anywhere from college campuses to bustling department stores to posting on social media from the comfort of their couch.
A great brand ambassador is someone you trust to represent your company and, ideally, was a loyal customer before coming on board. Finding the right fit starts with writing a job description that attracts brand ambassadors with the marketing, customer service, and interpersonal skills you need.
It can be helpful to get insights from other brand ambassador job postings on Monster. After gathering intel, you can save time by tailoring this brand ambassador job description to meet your business needs.
[Intro Paragraph] Think of this section as a highlight reel for your company and the role. Sell your company to brand ambassador candidates by giving them the scoop on your brand history, best-selling products or services, press mentions, and accolades. While you’re at it, show off your company culture and mission. This is a good place to share the personality traits and values the ideal candidate will have, such as being outgoing, positive, reliable, professional, friendly, welcoming, and a self-starter.
Brand Ambassador Job Responsibilities: This is where you’ll share the day-to-day responsibilities so candidates can decide if they have the necessary skills and are excited about the position. Depending on your business, you may be looking for a brand ambassador who:
- Creates positive customer experiences and drives sales.
- Promotes the brand in-person at stores and events in your community.
- Posts creative and engaging content on social media to build brand awareness.
- Uses point-of-sale systems to complete transactions.
- Shares customer and sales team feedback with colleagues.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly sales goals.
- Educates customers, retailers, and vendors on the product assortment and brand history.
- Follows all company policies.
[Work Hours and Benefits]: Use this section to clarify if you’re looking for a full-time or part-time brand ambassador and if it’s a contract or permanent position. If you know the hours per week and whether your brand ambassador will need to work nights, weekends, or holidays, share it so they know what to expect. Stand out from the competition by noting any benefits and perks you offer like health insurance, paid time off, bonuses, commission, free products and services, and a flexible work schedule. Some brand ambassador job postings include an hourly rate or a range based on experience.
Brand Ambassador Qualifications and Skills: Now that candidates know more about the role, share the necessary and preferred requirements so qualified brand ambassadors apply. You may want to include the following:
- Knows how to use popular digital marketing and sales tools.
- Communicates effectively, speaking multiple languages is preferred.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Learns about new product assortments quickly.
- Enjoys creatively promoting the brand in-person and online.
- Works well independently and with a team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree is preferred, but not necessary.
- Sales, customer service, or retail experience is strongly preferred.
- Industry experience is a plus.
[Call to Action] The best brand ambassador job postings invite interested candidates to apply. Share instructions for how to apply from the job board or your website.
Post Your Brand Ambassador Job Description to Grow Your Team
Ready to find a brand ambassador who can send sales soaring? After customizing your brand ambassador job description, the next step is to reach the right people. Make the most of Monster’s global reach and search tools to find talented brand ambassadors almost as quickly as they can make a sale. Start your search today with a free job posting.