Baker job description sample
This baker job description sample is your key to creating a posting that will attract the best qualified candidates and convert them into applicants. If you want the best results, simply add the specific duties and requirements of your position to the overall structure and outline of this template and keep in mind some of our extra tips below. You can also peruse our baker job listings for more ideas about putting together the best posting.
[Intro Paragraph] Get your job listing off on the right foot with 2 or 3 sentences introducing your bakery or restaurant to job seekers. This is your opportunity to set your business apart from the competition by discussing your unique working environment and communicating exactly what you bring to the table for new hires.
Baker Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads, rolls, and some desserts.
- Develops new products for a la carte or menus on a rotating basis.
- Decorates baked goods, such as cream pies, using a pastry bag.
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines, so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Measures or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or graduated containers.
- Prepare garnishes as needed for baked goods.
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet or function.
- Utilizes any and all leftovers into usable products.
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment including: ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and refrigerators.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great spot to highlight working hours and benefits at your bakery restaurant. Advise applicants about weekly or monthly events, or travel to any other locations. You can also sell prospective bakers on any unique benefits — like comped meals or merchandise, healthcare, or childcare reimbursement — that set your business apart.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment
- Oral communication
- High energy Level
- Planning, problem solving, and teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum two (2) years of baking experience
- Current SERVSAFE certification or has successfully completed a sanitation course within the past year
- Associate’s degree in hotel or institutional food preparation preferred
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to convert an interested party into a job applicant. The highest performing job postings include a strong call to action that lets the best bakers know exactly how to apply. For instance, let them know whether they need to apply in person, email their resume to someone at your company, or simply click the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Got the perfect baker job description ready to go?
Fantastic! Now make sure you can find the best of the best candidates, fast, with Monster job ads. Our variety of monthly plans give you the power to swap out jobs and upgrade, scale down, or cancel your candidate search at any time. Get started today and take advantage of our many free tools, like our video job description app Monster Studios.