Athletic Trainer Job Description Sample
This athletic trainer job description template is a great blueprint to help you start a posting that will attract the best candidates for your position. Feel free to revise this outline to meet your specific job duties and job requirements, including any unique details of your athletic department, clinic, or medical facility. You can also browse our athletic trainer job listings for more ideas about crafting the perfect job description.
[Intro paragraph] The best job descriptions provide 2-3 sentences that will introduce the prospective trainers to your company, culture, and unique working environment. This is where you can sell yourself to job seekers and set yourself apart from competing job listings.
Athletic Trainer Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with the clinical and administrative responsibilities associated with the delivery of athletic training services and sports medicine.
- Oversees and implements the prevention, assessment, management, treatment, rehabilitation, and counseling of athletic injuries and conditions affecting athletes and clients.
- Directs clinical and administrative responsibilities with specific teams, as determined by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains Professional Certification as set forth by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It’s a good idea to highlight any working hours and benefits specific to your school or health facility. Potential athletic or personal trainers want to learn things like team size, patient or trainee ratios, and potential travel requirements. You can also highlight any benefits that set you apart, like childcare reimbursements, commuter benefits, and tuition or continuing education credits.
Athletic Trainer Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Customer focus
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Athletic Training program and master’s degree in complementary field required
- Two years in a college or clinical setting
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer
- State licensed Athletic Trainer, or eligible to become licensed in the state by date of employment
- Current CPR/AED Certification (Instructor preferred)
[Call to Action] The best athletic and personal trainer job descriptions include a compelling call to action to entice potential applicants to apply and teach them how. For instance, let prospective employees know whether you’d like them to submit an application via the “apply button” at the top of the job listing or if you’d rather them email a specific person at your facility with an application, resume, and supporting documents.
Got the Perfect Job Description Ready to Go Live?
The right athletic trainer job description is the beginning — Monster job ads can take your search for the next trainer to a new level by providing a range of monthly plans perfect for any size company or job search. We even let you cancel at any time. Join today and you’ll have access to our massive resume database, SearchMonster, at no extra charge, allowing you to find the best candidates. Get started!