Assistant property manager job description sample
The assistant property manager job description sample below can help you can craft an effective job posting and find qualified candidates. Feel free to use it as a blueprint, modifying the details to only include the job duties and requirements you need. Browse our existing assistant property manager job listings to get additional ideas for what you could include in your posting.
Assistant Property Manager
[Intro Paragraph] The introductory paragraph is your opportunity to sell your company to the candidate. Take a few sentences to describe the company and what your working environment is like. Let prospective applicants know what makes the company unique and why you’d be the right choice for your ideal candidate.
Assistant Property Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing all aspects of a building’s occupancy and maintenance.
- Communicates with tenants regarding property-related issues.
- Coordinates with tenants and third parties to address maintenance and facility needs.
- Collaborates with property management team to produce advertising materials.
- Meets with prospective tenants to show properties, conduct interviews, receive rental applications and explain terms of occupancy.
- Processes applications and conducts credit checks.
- Collects monthly fees and maintains records of payments and rental activity.
- Prepares budgets and financial reports.
- Coordinates with outside vendors to arrange for trash removal, maintenance, landscaping, security and other services.
- Investigates and helps to resolve complaints, disturbances and violations.
- Complies with anti-discrimination laws with regard to housing, renting and advertising.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Qualified assistant property managers will also want to know about your working hours and benefits. Explain what your typical work hours are, if you offer flexible scheduling, and if the position requires travel or weekend work. Don’t forget to include particularly attractive benefits like employee development and training programs, paid parental leave and the ability to work from home.
Assistant Property Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of anti-discrimination housing laws
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree in business, management or real estate preferred)
- Previous experience in property management or real estate
- Any required state licensing
[Call to Action] It’s also important to include a call to action in your job posting. This is where you encourage candidates to apply for the position and clearly explain the steps to doing so. For example, you could ask candidates to email their completed applications to your HR department or direct them to the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Ready to post your assistant property manager job description?
Writing a clear, thorough job description is a great first step toward finding the right assistant property manager. To take the next steps, Monster job ads has a wide a range of monthly plans which you can customize according to your company size and job search. Once you’re in, you’ll also get access to tools like Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions at no extra charge. Get started today!