Asset manager job description sample
This asset manager job description sample can help you create a thorough job posting to ease your search for qualified candidates. Feel free to customize the details to include the specific job duties and requirements you need. To get additional ideas for what to include in your posting, browse our existing asset manager job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The introductory paragraph is your opportunity to sell your company to prospective applicants. Use two to three sentences to describe the company and your working environment. Tell candidates what makes your company unique and sets you apart from the competition.
Asset Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Manages client assets according to investment preferences and goals.
- Meets with clients to assess asset status, needs, risks, goals and progress.
- Prepares financial statements, business activity reports and forecasts.
- Develops, organizes and maintains client portfolios.
- Studies market trends to maximize profits and identify investment opportunities.
- Supervises employees who assist in financial reporting and budgeting.
- Coordinates with property managers, brokers and other third parties.
- Fosters and maintains positive client relationships.
- Assesses financials for legal compliance.
- Reviews financial reports to find ways to reduce costs.
- Compiles and presents asset management reports to clients, supervisors and senior executives.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It’s also important to let candidates know about your working hours and benefits. Tell prospective asset managers what your typical work hours look like and if you offer flexible scheduling or require much travel. Be sure to include other benefits you have, like childcare reimbursement, paid parental leave and the ability to work from home.
Asset Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly skilled in math and finance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in negotiation and project management
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of business and data intelligence software
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related field (MBA preferred)
- Several years’ experience in asset management or related field preferred
- CFA, CTP and CPA preferred
[Call to Action] Every good job description should include a call to action. This is where you encourage candidates to apply for the position and let them know how to do so. For example, you could have prospective asset managers email their application and resume to your HR department or direct them to the “apply” button at the top of the job posting.
Ready to post your asset manager job description?
Now that you’ve written an effective job description, you can take the next steps in finding a highly qualified asset manager. To help, Monster job ads has a wide a range of monthly plans which you can customize according to your company size and job search. You’ll even get access to things like Monster Studios, which lets you create video job descriptions at no extra charge. Get started today!