[Intro paragraph] You’ll want to introduce prospective accounting managers to your company and highlight what makes working in your office unique. Take a few short sentences to really set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Accounting Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Accomplishes accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an where you’ll want to talk about the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. This is your chance to tell prospective accounting managers about work from home and support staff options. You can also take this opportunity to focus on the benefits that set your firm apart, such as stock and ownership options, paid parental leave, or corporate travel accounts.
Accounting Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Developing budgets
- Legal compliance
- Tracking budget expenses
- SFAS rules
- Managing processes
- Reporting research results
- Management proficiency
- Motivating others
- Attention to detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- CPA preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
[Call to Action] Now that you’ve made applicants familiar with your company and the job requirements, here is where the most effective job descriptions include a compelling call to action. Turn job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know exactly how to apply, whether it’s clicking the “apply” button on this posting or submitting an application and resume to someone at your company.
Got the Perfect Job Description Ready to Post?
Getting applicants looking at you is step one. Step two is going out and finding the right job candidates yourself. But Monster job ads can help. Our flexible monthly plans allow you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel at any time. You’ll even have access SearchMonster, where you can comb through our massive resume database, at no extra charge.