Laboratory Technician Job Description
This laboratory technician sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Laboratory Technician Job Responsibilities:
Supports laboratory staff by maintaining glassware; maintaining logs and record books; troubleshooting and resolving problems; helping with special projects.
Laboratory Technician Job Duties:
- Maintains glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing.
- Provides glassware by ordering, receiving, and inventorying glassware.
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Completes projects by assisting project team; attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Laboratory Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Chemistry Techniques, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Cryogenic Procedures, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Sterilization, Equipment Calibration, Biohazard Safety, Medical Teamwork, Supply Management, Self-Development
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Laboratory Technician Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: