This information architect sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Information Architect
Information Architect Job Purpose: Provides positive user experience by determining information structure for Web sites and Web applications.
Information Architect Job Duties:
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Planning, Database Management, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data Maintenance
Find out more about employee compensation: