This information architect sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Information Architect Job Responsibilities:
Provides positive user experience by determining information structure for Web sites and Web applications.
Information Architect Job Duties:
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Information Architect Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements Analysis, Planning, Database Management, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data Maintenance
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Information Architect Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about employee compensation: