Systems Programmer Job Responsibilities:
Prepares computer by installing and modifying system software.
Systems Programmer Job Duties:
- Prepares system software installation by studying software capabilities and operations, including task scheduling, memory management, file system, and input and output requirements.
- Installs system software by loading software into computer.
- Detects work stoppage or errors by conducting tests; monitoring output.
- Corrects work stoppages or errors by entering code changes.
- Optimizes system efficiency by analyzing performance indicators; changing software.
- Maintains historical records by documenting system software changes and revisions.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Controls access to system by monitoring program usage.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Systems Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
C, COBOL, System Administration, Quality Focus, Operating Systems, Independence, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Performance Tuning