This dispatcher sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Dispatcher Job Purpose: Delivers items to customers by verifying orders; inventorying stock; arranging transportation.
Dispatcher Job Duties:
- Organizes item orders by editing for price, promotions, weight compliance.
- Arranges shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating delivery requirements; placing and expediting orders.
- Ships items by examining items, destination, route, rate, delivery time; ordering carriers.
- Verifies items shipped by matching bills of lading; reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment date and method, and current status; answering questions.
- Replaces damaged items, shortages, and misshipments by determining optimal response of replacement or credit.
- Protects organization reputation by keeping pricing, promotion, purchase order, and credit-limit information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Telephone Skills, Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Multi-tasking, Dependability, Emotional Control, Reporting Skills
Learn more and recruiting and hiring: