Cardiovascular Technologist Job Description
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Responsibilities:Aids physicians in diagnosis and treatment of heart, lung, and blood vessel disorders by conducting invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems; maintaining equipment; recording test results.
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Duties:
- Registers patients by entering anticipated service date into the patient record; verifying medical history.
- Comforts patients by welcoming them to the cardiology suite; answering their questions; responding to requests.
- Supports physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular ailments by helping physicians wind a catheter through a patient's blood vessel to the heart.
- Completes electro-cardio-grams (EKGs or ECGs) by attaching electrodes to the patient's chest, arms, and legs; manipulating switches on a electrocardiograph machine to obtain a reading.
- Completes treadmill stress tests by connecting patient to an EKG monitor; obtaining a baseline heart-rate reading and resting blood pressure; increasing the speed of the treadmill; observing the effect of increased exertion.
- Completes non-invasive peripheral vascular tests by collecting ultrasound echoes to form a screen image of the heart function, blood flow, and circulation.
- Documents patient services by completing patient records, forms, reports, logs, and other records.
- Maintains equipment by ensuring that computers and cardiovascular systems and equipment are operating properly; following operating instructions; reporting any hazardous or potentially dangerous conditions; responding to equipment breakdowns; troubleshooting problems; calibrating equipment; following preventive maintenance procedures; anticipating repair requirements; calling for repairs.
- Maintains quality results by evaluating diagnostic studies for quality and diagnoses.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
- Enhances cardiology and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Cardiovascular Technologist Skills and Qualifications:Cardiovascular Knowledge, Use of Medical Technologies, Medical Teamwork, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Dealing with Complexity, Hospital Environment, Bedside Manner, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Analyzing Information , Informing Others
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Cardiovascular Technologist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about recruiting: