This billing coordinator - hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Billing Coordinator Hospital Job Responsibilities:
Obtains revenue by determining charges; forwarding invoices.
Billing Coordinator Hospital Job Duties:
- Determines patient invoice by capturing services noted in patient chart; clarifying services with physicians.
- Identifies responsible party by examining patient record.
- Issues invoice by entering service data; calculating charges; mailing invoices.
- Resolves billing issues by discussing contract with third-party payer; explaining insurance contract with patient; negotiating settlement.
- Maintains patient and invoice files by entering and adjusting data.
- Provides billing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing third-party billings, accounts pending, and late charges data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes medical office mission by completing related results as needed.
Billing Coordinator Hospital Skills and Qualifications:
Reporting Research Results, Analyzing Information , Data Entry Skills, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Internal Communications, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills, Accounting, Informing Others, Data Processing
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Billing Coordinator Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about the recruiting process: