This assistant engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Assistant Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Supports engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
Assistant Engineer Job Duties:
- Determines engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests; analyzing and synthesizing data; maintaining control charts; determining root causes; preparing bid specifications.
- Resolves engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards; performing installations.
- Verifies engineering applications by conducting tests and inspections; building and analyzing models and simulations; conducting laboratory experiments and measurements.
- Maintains project team accomplishments by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; escalating project completion impediments.
- Meets cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses; tracking and reporting expenses.
- Complies with codes and regulations by complying with requirements; preparing permit applications, plans, and compliance reports.
- Prepares guidelines by describing operational and testing methods and procedures.
- Maintains and improves quality results by completing quality assurance tests; following standards; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Ensures operation of analytical equipment by calibrating equipment; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations; performing calculations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Assistant Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Reporting Research Results, Dealing with Complexity, Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Drafting, Analytical Tools, Attention to Detail, Innovation
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Assistant Engineer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to interview: