Assistant Engineer Job Description
Assistant Engineer Job Responsibilities:Supports engineering projects by adapting and applying engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
Assistant Engineer Job Duties:
- Determines engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests; analyzing and synthesizing data; maintaining control charts; determining root causes; preparing bid specifications.
- Resolves engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards; performing installations.
- Verifies engineering applications by conducting tests and inspections; building and analyzing models and simulations; conducting laboratory experiments and measurements.
- Maintains project team accomplishments by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports; escalating project completion impediments.
- Meets cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses; tracking and reporting expenses.
- Complies with codes and regulations by complying with requirements; preparing permit applications, plans, and compliance reports.
- Prepares guidelines by describing operational and testing methods and procedures.
- Maintains and improves quality results by completing quality assurance tests; following standards; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Ensures operation of analytical equipment by calibrating equipment; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations; performing calculations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Assistant Engineer Skills and Qualifications:Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Reporting Research Results, Dealing with Complexity, Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Drafting, Analytical Tools, Attention to Detail, Innovation
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Assistant Engineer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to interview: