This administrative manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Administrative Manager
Administrative Manager Job Purpose: Supports operations by supervising staff; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative systems.
Administrative Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Purchases printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- * Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Tracking Budget Expenses, Staffing, Quality Management, Managing Processes, Organization, Coaching, Communication Processes, Disciplining Employees, Motivating Others, Promoting Process Improvement, Reporting Skills
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about social media recruiting: