The sample interview questions below will assist with your interview preparation when looking to fill a medical office receptionist job description.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a medical office receptionist.
- What were your primary responsibilities?
- What type of interactions did you have with patients and visitors?
- Did you schedule patient appointments?
- Did you maintain patient accounts? If so, what type of system did you use?
- Tell me about a challenging situation with a patient and how you handled it.
- What steps did you take to protect patient’s rights and confidentiality?
- Do you enjoy interacting with people?
- What additional responsibilities did you manage in your previous receptionist work?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- Tell me about your computer skills.
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work extra hours if needed?
Every interview you conduct provides an opportunity to improve your interview skills.
Your initial contact with a prospective job candidate might involve a phone interview that later leads to an in-person panel interview.
Throughout the interview process, be aware of red flags and warning signs to avoid common hiring mistakes and hiring the wrong person.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.