[Intro paragraph] Hospitals and clinics looking for the highest quality employees often introduce themselves with a few sentences to tell the job seeker what makes their organization unique and the value they bring to new hires. The opening of your clinical psychologist job description is your opportunity to really make your medical facility shine and set yourself apart from competing psychologist job postings.
Clinical Psychologist Job Responsibilities:
- Selects, administers, scores, and interprets psychological tests and complete psychological assessments.
- Assesses patients and make recommendations on admission and discharge and on therapeutic activities.
- Conducts various forms of individual and group psychotherapy, including behavior modification and specialized treatment modalities such as DBT and interventions for cognitively impaired patients.
- Consults with medical personnel regarding patient status.
- Writes reports regarding patient progress, competency, and dangerousness.
- Participates in treatment team, staff, and professional meetings.
- Participates in training programs as a supervisor for trainees and unlicensed staff.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines.
- Observes and intervenes in instances of disruptive and assaultive patient behavior.
- Initiates, designs, collaborates, and reports on psychological research or program evaluation.
- Writes articles for publication.
- Compiles and analyzes statistics.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to include details about any working hours and benefits unique to your business. Tell prospective psychologists about flexible hours or work-week structures, along with any travel requirements. You can also talk about the special benefits you provide, like tuition or conference sponsorship, continuing education credits, and sabbatical and paid parental leave options.
Clinical Psychologist Qualifications / Skills:
- Patient services
- Bedside manner
- Analyzing information
- Verbal communication
- Building relationships
- Documentation skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- PhD in clinical psychology
- State license or eligibility
- 3 years’ clinical experience required, which may include internships, externships, or fellowships
- Experience with diverse population preferred
[Call to Action] Now’s the time to wrap up your clinical psychologist job description by turning potential applicants into actual applicants. And you do that by letting clinicians know exactly how to apply with a well-crafted call to action. Provide details on application, resume, and supporting document submission, as well as any other requirements. Or, simply tell candidates to click the “apply” button at the top of the posting.
Attract Top Talent With Your Clinical Psychologist Job Description
Writing a well-conceived and targeted job description is just the first step. Next, you’ll want to get your posting in front of as many qualified professionals as possible. Make your recruiting efforts more efficient by posting your job for free on Monster.