[Intro Paragraph] You want to start your cosmetologist job description with a short introduction to your business and the position. Explain the type of salon, the types of services you offer, why you’re looking to hire, and what the company culture is like. This is the first impression you make with potential candidates, so make sure it’s a great one.
Cosmetologist Job Requirements and Responsibilities: You want to ensure that interested readers understand the various job responsibilities the position requires. After all, you want someone who knows the ropes of the beauty industry and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty. Some examples could be:
- Performs facial treatments, make-up applications, eyelash extensions, and mani/pedicures.
- Prepares hair for styling by analyzing hair conditions.
- Shampoos, conditions, and treats hair by arranging, shaping, cutting, and curling hair.
- Shapes and trims eyebrows and unwanted hair on the face.
- Demonstrates and advises on product use.
- Promotes and sells beauty products.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock, anticipating clients’ needs, and placing orders.
- Maintains quality service by following salons hygienic standards.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean and sanitary.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
- Answers phone calls and helps with client inquiries.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The cosmetologist can have a very dynamic schedule. It’s common for them to work weekends, evenings, and even holidays. Specify in your cosmetologist job description whether the new hire can expect a similar schedule, or if it’s closer to a regular 9 to 5 position. Most cosmetologists work as contractors. Therefore, in addition to the cosmetologist salary or hourly rate, you could mention benefits like health insurance coverage, a 401(k) match, and any available credit towards in-house treatments.
Cosmetologist Skills / Qualifications:
- Great customer service skills
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to teach and mentor
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification from a recognized cosmetology school
- State cosmetologist license
[Call to Action] The call to action is where you tell interested readers how to apply, and whether they may contact you or the hiring manager if they have any questions. Provide the salon’s phone number, email address, or include a direct link to the hiring website in your cosmetologist job description.
Relax and Let Us Provide the Platform Your Cosmetologist Job Description Deserves.
Once your job description is finished it’s on to the last step. Make sure it’s seen by the right audience that it deserves. We can lend a hand with a free job post.