[Intro paragraph] The inside sales job postings that garner the most attention take advantage of the first 2-3 sentences to introduce their business to prospective candidates. Use this opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers by highlighting the unique company culture, working environment, and anything else you bring to the table for new hires.
Inside Sales Job Responsibilities:
- Generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new account, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries and verifying and entering information.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date, and explaining stock-outs.
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Maintains communication equipment by troubleshooting, reporting, and tracking problems.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards and recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is an excellent spot to highlight your company’s working hours and benefits. The most effective inside sales job description will let interested parties know about the opportunity for overtime or seasonal availability, as well any benefits that set their business apart, like commissions, commuting credits, or paid vacation time or family leave.
Inside Sales Qualifications / Skills:
- Meeting sales goals
- Client base
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills
- Technical understanding
- Building relationships
- People skills
- Data entry skills
- Customer focus
- Motivation for sales
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience preferred
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
[Call to Action] Now that future sales staff are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a compelling call to action to turn them into applicants. Let them know who to contact at your company to apply, or how and where to submit an application, resume, and supporting documents.
Diversify Your Sales Operation With Inside Staff
The best sales teams hire inside staff as well as outside salespeople, but you need a compelling inside sales job description in order to attract top performers. Once you’ve done that, make sure it gets viewed by top performers by posting it for free with Monster.