[Intro Paragraph] If you start your sales manager job description with a marketing summary of your company and your business, you will create interest for potential candidates. A short, two- to three-sentence introduction will help your applicants get excited about the prospect of working for you. Be sure to describe what you have to offer new employees that sets you apart from other companies.
Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; and following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff work results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You will hold your job seeker’s interest if you put information about work hours and benefits in this location. This is where you would describe working conditions or requirements such as works on commission, base salary and commission, flexible hours, and travel benefits. Highlight items that you provide employees that your competition may not, such as office perks, employee discounts, and tuition reimbursement.
Sales Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Creating and implementing a sales plan
- Meeting sales goals by monitoring progress
- Analyzing sales data
- Presentation skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Developing budgets
- Mentoring and coaching sales reps
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration
- MBA preferred
- Two to three years of experience as sales manager
- Three to five years of sales experience
- Proven track record of positive sales performance
[Call to Action] Placing a call to action here at the end will get you more responses to your sales manager description. Give your job seeker information about how to apply. For example, by clicking the apply button or by emailing a resume to a specific email address.
Ready to Post Your Sales Manager Job Description?
You have created your sales manager job description, now post it so you can start finding your ideal candidates. Let Monster help you reach the audience you want. Monster has monthly plans that let you swap out ads, upgrade, scale down, or cancel at no additional charge. In addition, there are services included in these plans to help you find applicants fast. Check it out and get started today!