Regional Sales Manager
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your regional sales manager job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your company, institution, or workplace to applicants. Emphasize your organization’s investments in employee development or its dedication to work-life balance. You might also mention how many employees or clients you have, the scope of your business, or your involvement in the community.
Regional Sales Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Sells products by maintaining and expanding customer base and managing staff.
- Accomplishes regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts.
- Communicates job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions, and employee enforcing policies and procedures.
- Plans and reviews compensation strategies.
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepares and completes action plans and implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolves problems, completes audits, identifies trends, determines regional sales system improvements, and implements change when necessary.
- Meets regional sales objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives, building and maintaining rapport with key customers, and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities or product, packaging, and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends, and tracking competitors.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section of your regional sales manager job description you’ll want to sell the position to potential applicants. To ensure that the salary range you mention in your job post is in line with similar salaries in your region, you can use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location. You can also mention benefits, such as healthcare, skills training, paid time off, performance-based bonuses and commissions, and 401(k). You’ll also want to mention if travel is required.
Regional Sales Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Motivation for sales
- Team leadership and management skills
- Territory management
- Presentation skills
- Performance management
- Strong communications skills
- Closing skills
- Building relationships
- Sales planning
- Customer focus
- Industry and product knowledge
- Basic computer skills
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field a plus
- Previous sales and management experience
- Experience using sales tracking software
[Call to Action] Your regional sales manager job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to send a resume or fill out an online application.
Extend Your Reach with a Free Job Listing That’s Sure to Sell Candidates on Your Workplace
Now that you’ve used this regional sales manager job description template to craft a winning job post, extend your reach with a free job listing from Monster.