[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph should be two to three sentences that set the tone for your advertisement. This is the place where you provide a marketing summary of your company that will attract the right candidate. Potential new hires have choices, and they are more likely to respond if you paint a picture of what it would be like to work for you and what makes you a better option than a competing role.
Quality Inspector Job Responsibilities:
- Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Inspects in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and waste, and inputs data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that putting work hours and benefits at this location creates interest for your potential new hire. Remember to tell your potential applicants about things like weightlifting requirements, standing for long periods of time, weekend work, or shift work. Also, describe benefits that set you apart, such as office perks, childcare reimbursements, and tuition credits.
Quality Inspector Qualifications/Skills:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytic skills
- Documentation skills
- Hand/eye coordination
- Reporting skills
- Blueprint reading
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Experience with quality control techniques such as Six Sigma
- Experience with measuring devices such as meters, gauges, computers, calipers, and other measuring instruments
- One to two years’ quality inspector experience
[Call to Action] Before you finish your job posting, you need to provide a call to action. Tell your potential candidate that they can apply by clicking the apply button at the top of the job description or by sending a resume to an email address.
Post Your Job Description!
Now that your job posting is drafted, you need to reach a wide audience of potential new hires. Monster can help you! There are flexible monthly plans that let you upgrade or scale down as your needs change. You can even swap out job ads altogether if you need to at no additional cost. Get started today!