[Intro Paragraph] Start your job listing off on the right foot with two or three sentences introducing the job seeker to your company and your unique working environment. This is your opportunity to set your restaurant apart from the competition by communicating exactly what you bring to the table and the opportunities you can provide new hires.
Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Pleases customers by providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
- Executes cold food production in accordance with standards of plating guide specifications.
- Attends to the detail and presentation of each order.
- Places and expedites orders.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste; and plating meals.
- Completes hot meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients and assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintains temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Stores leftovers according to established standards.
- Coordinates daily food supply inventory for cafeteria. Submits order to supervisor.
- Assists with receipt of deliveries.
- Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme menus in collaboration with supervisor.
- Ensures smooth operation of cafeteria services during absence of supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
- Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules and dishwashing/pot washing as needed.
- Assists with orienting new employees to their work area.
- Listens to customer complaints and suggestions and resolves complaints.
- Implements suggestions within parameter of position and refers more complex concerns to supervisor.
- Instructs personnel in use of new equipment and cleaning methods and provides efficient and effective methods of maintaining work area.
- Participates in and/or contributes to programs, committees, or projects designed to improve quality of service and employee productivity.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a great spot to include your restaurant’s working hours and benefits. You can tell applicants about weekly or monthly events, or travel to any other locations. You can also sell applicants on any unique benefits—like tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursement—that set your business apart.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment
- Customer service
- Oral communication
- Planning, problem solving, and teamwork
- Developing budgets
- High energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum two (2) years of hospital, institutional, or restaurant cooking experience to include food preparation
- Current SERVSAFE certification or has successfully completed a sanitation course within the past year
- Associate’s degree in hotel or institutional food preparation preferred
- Current food handler’s card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Familiar with point-of-sale computers and software
- Comfortable using a computer, navigating Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook Email
- High school diploma or GED
[Call to Action] Here is where you convert an interested party into a job applicant. The best performing job postings include a well-crafted call to action, where you let prospective cooks know exactly how to apply. For instance, they might need to appear in person, email their resume to someone at your company, or click the apply button at the top of the job listing.
Ready for Your Cook Job Description to Go Live?
Fantastic! Now get ready to find the best of the best candidates, fast. With Monster job ads, and our wide range of monthly plans, you have the ability to swap out jobs and upgrade, scale down, or cancel your candidate search at any time. Get started now!