AI Engineer Job Description
Intro Paragraph: The first paragraph of your job description should briefly give an overview of what the job entails and the ideal candidate. This will help you attract qualified candidates and help them assess whether the job is a good fit.
Use this example to get you started:
Our team is hiring an AI engineer with a deep understanding of how neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) can be used to harness AI’s power. Strong candidates will have substantial experience using AI to predict future needs and strategize business initiatives. If you want to join a forward-thinking team and are passionate about research and development in an up-and-coming field, we encourage you to apply.
About Our Organization: The next section of your AI engineer job description should describe why your company is a great workplace. This can be accomplished by sharing a few sentences about your company values, mission, and culture.
Also, highlight growth opportunities employees can benefit from, such as regular pay raises or professional development and training. You want the right candidates to be excited about the role, the company culture, and the team they will join.
AI Engineer Job Responsibilities: The responsibilities will depend on the needs of your organization and team, but edit these to get you started:
- Model, build, and test AI software to ensure it can take on large swaths of data and achieve desired results.
- Analyze statistics, data, and algorithms for projection accuracy.
- Use AI analysis to make strategy recommendations that align with company goals.
- Work with a team of machine-learning and data engineers to ensure seamless AI development and integration.
- Stay current on AI knowledge, trends, and regulations.
- Collect, organize, and present progress with team leadership and stakeholders.
Work Hours and Benefits: After you’ve detailed the position’s responsibilities in your AI engineer job description, list which hours the AI engineer will be working. For example, will you require them to come into the office Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm? Will they be remote for part of the week? Also, be sure to mention if it’s a full- or part-time role.
Follow up by sharing how you reward employees for their hard work with benefits and perks. For example, share whether your company offers generous health care packages or unlimited time off. Also, mention if you provide dental care, wellness stipends, and pet-friendly offices. With enticing offers in addition to competitive salaries, top talent will be easier to attract.
AI Engineer Qualifications and Skills: When listing qualifications and skills for your open role, specify which are preferred versus required. This will ensure that candidates you would hire for the role aren’t discouraged from applying if they don’t check every box. Here is a common list you can edit for your needs:
- Deep understanding of data science, linear algebra, algorithms, and statistics.
- Willingness to learn and continue developing knowledge in an up-and-coming field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (master’s degree preferred).
- Five years’ experience as an AI engineer or similar role.
Call to Action: An essential element of any job description is a clear call to action, such as “apply now” or “contact us.” This helps candidates understand how to take the following steps in reaching out to your team and sending in the appropriate documents for consideration. The last thing you want is for confused candidates to walk away.
Find Your Next Great AI Engineer Today
An effective AI engineer job description will help you find seasoned professionals who can help your business unlock complex data about your customers and unique growth opportunities. Use this template to write your job description and find qualified candidates fast. Also, don’t forget to take advantage of your free job posting on Monster, where skilled professionals search daily for open positions like yours.