AI Governance and Policy Specialist Job Description Template
Intro Paragraph: Start your job description with a few sentences describing what the job is and who would make a good candidate. This way, job searchers will quickly understand whether the position sounds interesting, and you will have an easier time attracting qualified candidates.
For example, you could write something like:
We are seeking a passionate and insightful AI governance and policy specialist to join our team and shape the responsible development and implementation of our AI initiatives. You will play a critical role in developing and enforcing policies that ensure our AI systems are fair, ethical, reliable, and transparent. You will also be responsible for staying abreast of evolving AI regulations and collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to build trust and mitigate potential risks.
About Our Organization: After giving a quick synopsis of the role, include information about what makes your company a great place to work. This can be a list of your company’s mission and values and a description of the company culture. You can also write about the growth opportunities you provide, such as merit raises, promotions, and regular professional development opportunities. Share what your employees love about working for your company and team so potential candidates can get a sense of whether the work environment might be a good fit for them.
AI Governance and Policy Specialist Job Responsibilities: It’s important to include a detailed list of the job responsibilities so potential candidates understand the day-to-day work and can determine whether they are interested in applying. The job responsibilities you list in your AI governance and policy job description will vary depending on your hiring needs. However, common responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement comprehensive AI governance frameworks, including policies, standards, and best practices.
- Conduct risk assessments and identify potential ethical, legal, and reputational risks associated with AI use.
- Stay updated on the latest AI regulations and compliance requirements, ensuring company adherence.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. engineers, data scientists, product managers) to integrate AI governance principles into project development and deployment.
- Conduct training and workshops to educate employees on AI governance best practices.
- Monitor and audit compliance with AI policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement metrics to track and measure the effectiveness of AI governance initiatives.
- Partner with external stakeholders (e.g., regulators, industry groups) on AI governance topics.
- Communicate complex AI governance issues clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
AI Governance and Policy Specialist Qualifications and Skills: The next step in writing an effective AI governance and policy specialist job description is to list the skills and qualifications. Keep in mind that some people will only apply for a job if they meet all the qualifications. It’s helpful to note what is required versus preferred.
- Strong understanding of ethical considerations and potential risks associated with AI.
- Familiarity with relevant AI regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence diverse stakeholders.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks.
- Project management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with data science and/or machine learning concepts is a plus.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in law, public policy, ethics, computer science, or a related field.
- At least [x years] of proven experience in developing and implementing policy frameworks, particularly in the technology or data protection realm.
Call to Action: No job description is complete without a clear call to action, such as
“apply now.” This helps candidates take the proper next steps and prevents them from walking away.
Start Your Hiring Process
Now that you’ve written an effective AI governance and policy specialist job description template, you’re ready to find candidates. Get started with a job posting on Monster.