Computer Operator Job Description
This computer operator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Computer Operator Job Responsibilities:
Provides data by operating a computer.
Computer Operator Job Duties:
- Determines sequence of operations by studying production schedule.
- Prepares equipment for operations by accessing software in computer; loading paper into printers and plotters; preparing for output.
- Starts operations by entering commands.
- Maintains operations by monitoring error and stoppage messages; observing peripheral equipment; entering commands to correct errors and stoppages; reloading paper; making adjustments in process; notifying supervisor for additional resources.
- Documents problems and actions by completing production logs.
- Resolves user problems by answering questions and requests.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Computer Operator Skills and Qualifications:
Data Processing, Data Center Experience, Informing Others, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Independence, Productivity, Confidentiality, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Problem Solving
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Computer Operator Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: