Attendant- Hospital Job Description
This attendant-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Attendant Hospital Job Responsibilities:
Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs; providing comfort, transportation.
Attendant Hospital Job Duties:
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Attendant Hospital Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Judgment, Medical Teamwork, Hospital Environment, Administering Medication, Pain Management
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Attendant Hospital Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about compensation: