Systems Programmer Job Description
This systems programmer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Systems Programmer Job Responsibilities:
Prepares computer by installing and modifying system software.
Systems Programmer Job Duties:
- Prepares system software installation by studying software capabilities and operations, including task scheduling, memory management, file system, and input and output requirements.
- Installs system software by loading software into computer.
- Detects work stoppage or errors by conducting tests; monitoring output.
- Corrects work stoppages or errors by entering code changes.
- Optimizes system efficiency by analyzing performance indicators; changing software.
- Maintains historical records by documenting system software changes and revisions.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Controls access to system by monitoring program usage.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Systems Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
C, COBOL, System Administration, Quality Focus, Operating Systems, Independence, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Performance Tuning
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Systems Programmer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about recruiting: