Sales director job description sample
Getting top candidates to apply to your job posting begins with creating a compelling job description. Let Monster’s sales director job description help you attract quality candidates. It’s easy to use the template; take the format and organization and then add facts that relate to the position that you’re trying to staff. For more information on what to include, visit our sales director job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Get your sales director job posting started with an exciting introduction of the company. Present your organization as a workplace that job seekers can’t resist by detailing the special qualities that it has to offer. Mention anything unique about the company culture or vision that sets it apart from other employers.
Sales Director Job Responsibilities:
- Sells products by implementing national sales plans.
- Supervises regional sales managers.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories and projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains national staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You should discuss working hours and benefits at this point in the description. After giving candidates a vision of the company and the responsibilities of the job, people want to know the specifics of their schedule. In this section, you should mention facts about working conditions or requirements. If your company offers benefits that go beyond the norm, then talk about them here to ecnorage candidates to apply.
Sales Director Qualifications / Skills:
- Meeting sales goals
- Negotiation skills
- Selling to customer needs
- Motivation for sales
- Sales planning
- Building relationships
- Managing processes
- Market knowledge
- Developing budgets
- Advanced computer skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in business administration, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- Master’s preferred by some employers
- Working experience in sales
[Call To Action] If you put a call to action at the end of your sales director job description, you will see an increase in responses. By giving the job seeker a direct and easy way to apply, they will be more likely to do so. For instance, tell candidates how to register by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing, by emailing a resume to a specific individual, or by filling out an application on the company’s website.
Launch a more effective recruiting plan with talented hiring specialists
If your search for sales professionals hasn’t given you the results you want, consider a change. Monster has a number of job posting options to help you fill your sales director roles and even free access to Monster Studios, an easy way to create video job descriptions. Choose from a variety of plans. Get started today. Get started today.