Quality Engineer Sample Job Description
This quality engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Quality Engineering Job Responsibilities:
Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
Quality Engineering Job Duties:
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multistream processes.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American society of quality control certified quality engineer qualification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Quality Engineering Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation, CAD, Quality Engineering, Operations Research
Get Help Finding the Best Quality Engineer for your Team
We understand finding a quality engineer is no easy task, especially in today’s tight labor market. But when the going gets tough, you get going! Sign up for exclusive Monster Hiring advice and we’ll send you the latest information on how to engage hard-to-find talent in today’s tight job market, from crafting the job description to conducting a great interview. We’ll even throw in a special job posting offer to get you moving in the right direction. Let’s get hiring!