Programmer Analyst Job Description
This programmer analyst sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Programmer Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Accomplishes software requirements by developing and maintaining applications and databases.
Programmer Analyst Job Duties:
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Programs the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keeps equipment operational by calling for repairs; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; evaluating new equipment.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
Programmer Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , C, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Requirements, Software Development Process
Learn more about the hiring process: