Nutrition Educator Job Description
This nutrition educator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Nutrition Educator Job Responsibilities:
Promotes health through nutrition by designing, implementing, and teaching nutrition techniques and programs; maintaining third-party reimbursement approvals.
Nutrition Educator Job Duties:
- Teaches nutrition by developing, implementing, and marketing nutrition education services and programs to hospital patients, hospital employees, home care patients, outpatients, and the community.
- Designs nutrition education services by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Encourages and maintains third-party reimbursements by using quality assurance results to substantiate the cost-effectiveness of nutrition education services and programs.
- Promotes nutrition programs by arranging media coverage; presenting nutrition information presentations within the hospital, in the local school system, in social services community programs, and in civic community organizations.
- Conducts in-service training for professional staff by reviewing special diet plans; presenting latest research on nutrition-related subjects; introducing new nutrition programs and services.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances nutrition department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Nutrition Educator Skills and Qualifications:
Presentation Skills, Nutrition, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Training Management, Listening, Quality Management, Energy Level, Teaching, Tracking Budget Expenses, Food Research, Written Communication
Find out more about social media recruiting: