Medical assistant job description sample
This medical assistant job description template is a great blueprint to help you create a job posting that will attract the best-qualified candidates. Feel free to revise this outline to meet your specific job duties and job requirements, including any unique details of your clinic or medical facility. You can also get more ideas about crafting the perfect job description by browsing our medical assistant job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best medical assistant job descriptions provide two to three sentences that will introduce the prospective employees to your company, culture, and working environment. This is where you can sell your hospital or medical facility to job seekers and set yourself apart from competing job listings.
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Saves doctors’ time by helping with office procedures.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; and preparing charts and pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It’s always a good idea to highlight the work hours and benefits specific to your medical facility. Potential medical assistants want to learn things like team size, nurse-to-patient ratios, and shift rotations. You can also highlight any of the benefits that set you apart, like childcare reimbursements, commuter benefits, and tuition or continuing education credits.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in specific medical field preferred
[Call to Action] The best job descriptions not only entice potential medical assistant applicants to apply but also teach them how to do so by including a call to action. For instance, you can let prospective employees know whether you’d like them to submit an application by clicking on the apply button at the top of the job listing, or if you’d rather they email an application, resume, and supporting documents to a specific person at your facility.
Got the perfect job description ready to go live?
The right job description is only the beginning. Monster job ads can take finding your next medical assistant to the next level by providing a range of monthly plans that are perfect for any size company or job search. Plus, you can cancel at any time. Join today and you’ll have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, giving you access to our massive resume database and allowing you to find the best candidates. Get started here!