Managing Director Job Description Sample
A talented managing director has the business acumen and operational skills to execute the company strategy. Although the day-to-day responsibilities will differ depending on the industry and corporate structure, all managing directors must have strong leadership skills to motivate the team to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
Hiring the right managing director starts with writing a job description that attracts candidates who have the necessary skills and experience. There is a high demand for talented managing directors, so it’s helpful to make an offer before they bring their skills to your competition.
It can be helpful to look at other managing director job postings on Monster to see how similar organizations are hiring for the role. You can save time on the writing process and make a thoughtful hire quicker by editing this managing director job description sample to meet your hiring needs.
[Intro Paragraph] Talented executives are usually in a prominent position already, so it’s valuable to use this section as an elevator pitch for the role and company. Show why the company is a great place to work by describing its history, culture, mission, values, and accolades. Highlight professional development programs, networking opportunities, and career trajectories so that candidates know they have opportunities to learn and grow at the company.
Managing Director Job Responsibilities: This is where you’ll share a detailed list of the job responsibilities so that candidates know the expectations and can determine whether they have the skills to be successful. For example, you might be looking for a managing director who:
- Executes the company strategy.
- Implements daily business operations.
- Develops and initiates revenue growth strategies.
- Leads the team to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Oversees [a department, a division, or multiple departments] and directly manages senior staff.
- Presents strategies and results to executives, the board, and other stakeholders.
- Adheres to federal, state, and local business laws and regulations and company policies.
[Work Hours and Benefits] Like many senior positions, the managing director role is rarely a nine-to-five job. Experienced managing directors expect that there will be occasional late nights at the office to hit deadlines. Show that their hard work will be rewarded by showcasing the company’s competitive employee benefits package and financial incentives like performance bonuses, equity compensation, pension plans, and 529 plans with matching.
Managing Director Qualifications and Skills: Use these sections of the managing director job description to list the necessary and preferred requirements so that qualified candidates apply. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Implements actionable plans to meet goals and objectives.
- Manages multiple employees and has strong leadership skills.
- Communicates effectively and has strong public speaking skills.
- Learns quickly and has strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or a similar major is required.
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is strongly preferred.
- At least [number] years in a management-level operations role is required.
[Call to Action] The most effective managing director job postings end with an invitation to apply. Provide instructions for how to apply from the job board or your company’s website. If you have information about the hiring timeline and process, it’s helpful to include it so that candidates know the next steps.
Post Your Managing Director Job Description to Find the Right Fit
Once you customize your managing director job posting, your next challenge is to reach qualified candidates who can boost your company’s bottom line. Capitalize on Monster’s global reach and search tools to quickly find talented candidates. Post a job for free to maximize your return on investment.